STANDARD TANK CLEANING PROCESS
When is this process necessary?
When warning signs are found that there is water, sludge, and other contamination in the tank.
How this is done.
PPS is exclusive cleaning process which involves the vacuuming of the entire length of the bottom of the tank. Removing of all contaminated fuel from the bottom of the tank, polishing and filtering back into the tank. Pipelines to Nozzles are flushed with clean fuel. Irrecoverable waste is disposed off in an environmentally friendly manner.
How long does this take?
This depends on the size of the tank, e.g. a 23m3 takes 4-5hrs.
This process has to be done with thorough detail until all bottom contamination is removed.
What you can expect from this process.
A tank, completely free of water.
Removal of all contamination such as bacterial growth, sludge, rust, and any other foreign materials that have build up in the tank.
For pro active quality fuel maintenance, it is recommended that this process be carried out on a 6 monthly basis under PPS Petroleum preventative Maintenance Programme.
IMPINGEMENT CLEANING PROCESS
When is this process necessary?
When swops are done (replacing product contained in the tank with another).
When there is consolidated sludge contamination on the walls of the tank that requires a more intense cleaning process .
When a tank has been standing dry for a long time.
When the tank is almost empty or is left with about 2000 liters of product.
How it is done?
- The tank is carefully flushed using controlled pressure jets of cleaning solution (sanitizer and hydrocarbon mix) which removes residues, sludge and rust from tank interiors.
- Cleaning waste is removed and safely disposed off.
- Any fuel removed prior to the flushing of the tank is filtered, polished and returned to the tank.
- All pipelines to the nozzles are flushed with clean fuel.
- This process is more manual labour intensive, hence more time consuming than the normal cleaning process.
- Total time is dependent on the amount of fuel to be removed prior to start of the process.
- It achieves everything for detailed Standard Cleaning Process Plus.
- Overall flush and wash of the entire walls of the tank and is the most effective cleaning process.
Peank Petroleum Solutions recognises that all its employees are its most valuable assets; hence it has a legal and financial obligation for safe guarding and wellbeing of all parties who may be affected by the activities of our business.
Peank Petroleum Solutions is committed to provide a clean, hygienic, safe and healthy environment for our employees, customers, clients and members of the public.
To this we shall:
- Ensure that the work that is performed and plant or machinery that is used is under the general supervision of a person trained to understand the hazards associated with it and who have the authority to ensure that precautionary measures taken by the employer are implemented.
- Promote awareness of health and safety and of good practice through the effective communication of relevant information.
- Ensure that technical competence and health and safety policy compliance is a pre-requisite for appointing contractors. Recruit and appoint personnel who have the skills, abilities and competence commensurate with their roles and level of competence.
- Have systems and training in place empowering staff to be able to conduct investigations, record incidents or accidents making recommendations were reasonably practicably.
- Take steps as may be reasonably practicable to deal with potential emergencies, health and safety risks i.e. have emergency procedures in place and employees to familiarize them with the procedures to be followed in an event of an emergency.
- Comply with all relevant health and safety legislation and regulation through constant interaction with regulatory agencies with regards to promoting a higher standard of a health and safe working environment, where these are practicable and appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure, as far as reasonably practicably, the health and safety of the employees is maintained in the work place.
- Ensure that the health and safety management system is audited internal and external on a regular basis in order to ascertain that the system is working as intended and to provide information, which the top management needs to review and amend the system
- Peank Petroleum Solutions is committed to leading the industry in workplace Health and safety by maintaining an injury free, zero incidents at workplace.